Wednesday, July 15, 2009

CASA OLIMPIA.

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 13th/14th/15th July 2009.


Monday 13th.

This morning was my usual running about day; Before I left I spoke to Mano as he is putting together a quote for some work to be done on the villa, it requires a new floor on the top terrace, rain and damp proving on various spots and then the whole outside to be re-painted with three coats in white after the walls have been repaired! Then the garden requires some serious attention to bring it back to its original look, all this is stage one as there are then some plans to work on the inside of the villa putting in new bathrooms, updating the facilities and possible large dormer windows and patio doors in the two master bedrooms.Finally the pool needs to be cleaned and put back into working order.Watch this space. As I got nearer to Estepona Mano rang to warn me that the banks were closed for a saints day, I dropped into Sabinillas and called into a sister bank only to find that their computer system was down and they could only give me a minimum amount of cash so I had to change all my plans and drive back to the villa! The weather this week is spectacular, getting hotter every day and very warm during the night.Cold Beef and Salad for supper was just right and after wards we watched the Tour de France.

Tuesday 14th.

Today we have caught up with all the chores around the villa and Brenda has been washing and ironing non stop! We then bathed Boo and Millie for the first time, they were both very good and Brenda sat on the top balcony and dried and groomed them in the afternoon sunshine. I watched the Tour de France, live, and then we had Pan Fried Chicken with savory Rice for dinner.

Wednesday 15th.

We had to be up early to go across to the Costa del Sol Hospital just past Marbella as I had an appointment at the Urology department for a check up with the consultant;I then found out where my Prostate is as he approached me with his gloves on and all jellied up!!Charming,and Brenda knew as she had looked it up but did not tell me!!! The outcome is that I will have to go back for a small operation, under a local anaesthetic for a Prostate Biopsy, God help me as to where they stick the needle!! We then called at our bank in Estepona before we went up to the surgery in Manilva to collect my prescriptions for more tablets and at the same time we dropped of some clean washing at the house and checked the mail box. By the time we got back the temperature had reached 37degs.and the very light breeze is warm,a siesta and then cold drinks to follow on the balcony are called for! The pictures below, taken this morning, show our new fire engine in the fire station,Sotogrande Marina on Saturday morning and the Rotisserie chef, at the wedding, injecting his secret marinade into the Lamb.

No comments: